Latest News
home News, World News BREAKING: Charlie Gard’s Parents Make Utterly DEVASTATING Announcement

BREAKING: Charlie Gard’s Parents Make Utterly DEVASTATING Announcement

If you enjoyed this story, make sure you share it with others by clicking the icons below!
FacebookTwitterGoogle+PinterestTumblrRedditShare

The story of baby Charlie Gard has captured the attention of the world, and for good reason; it’s an enraging spectacle demonstrating the problem of giving the government too much authority.

For those unaware, young Charlie has been hospitalized since birth with a rare illness, and the U.K. government was preventing him from being treated, against the wishes of his parents. For months, his parents have valiantly fought the courts to allow their son to be transported abroad for treatment, with an American doctor claiming an experimental treatment could have allowed the child to grow into a healthy boy.

The court was due to make a decision on Tuesday, but new MRI scans had shown that Charlie’s condition had worsened to the point where treatment no longer seemed like a good option.

After repeated court hearings and continuous denials, Charlie’s time has officially run out. Nothing can save him now, and his devastated parents lashed out today outside of the courtroom.

From Breitbart News:

Speaking outside the court, father Chris Gard said: “Put simply, this is about a sweet, gorgeous, innocent little boy, born with a rare disease, who had a real, genuine chance of life and a family who love him so very dearly – and that’s why we fought so hard for him.

“We are truly devastated, to say the least, that following the most recent MRI scan of Charlie’s muscles, as requested in a recent MDT meeting with Dr Hirano, as Charlie’s devoted and loving parents we have decided that it is no longer in Charlie’s best interests to pursue treatment and we will let our son go and be with the angels.

“The American and Italian teams were still willing to treat Charlie,” he said, “but there is one simple reason why treatment cannot now go ahead – and that is time. A whole lot of time has been wasted.”

The parents had been fighting court rulings saying their son’s life support should be withdrawn so he could “die with dignity” for months.

“We are now in July,” noted Mr Gard. “Our poor boy has been left to lie in hospital for months, without any treatment, while lengthy court battles have been fought.

“Tragically, having had Charlie’s medical notes reviewed by independent experts, we now know had Charlie been given the treatment sooner he would have had the potential to be a normal, healthy little boy,” he said.

“Charlie has been left with his illness to deteriorate devastatingly to the point of no return.”

Keep Reading…

How incredibly sad. Little Charlie had the chance to live a normal life, but arrogant bureaucrats thought they knew better than his parents, and basically ordered the child kidnapped by the hospital to prevent them from seeking treatment.

Unfortunately, this is the direct result of socialized medicine and allowing people within the government to dictate the most intimate decisions we can make in our lives – person health decisions – yet there’s still people here in America who see this occur and push for a similar system here.

Why they do is unknown; however, baby Charlie’s case should serve as a warning to everyone of what would come if we adopted single payer.

Thoughts and prayers go out to the Gard family. It’s hard to imagine having your child literally stolen from you then murdered by the government while you basically go broke trying to fight it.

Again, how sad.

Comments

comments

You Might Also Like

Top