Here’s what we know about Trump, Jr.’s meeting with Natalia Veselnitskaya:
– She contacted him out of the blue via a British publicist7 by the name of Rob Goldstone
– Goldstone said in his email, and I quote, “This is obviously high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump,” and that it was a high-ranking official providing the information
– In a later email to Trump, Jr. from Goldstone, Goldstone again references Veselnitskaya but not by name, he called her the “Russian government attorney,” as if Trump, Jr. wouldn’t know who the “Russian attorney” was (I find this clarification odd)
– Veselnitskaya and the Kremlin both deny she has any connection to the Russian government
– Veselnitskaya met with Trump, Jr. on June 9 of last year, after she was given a waiver by John Kerry’s State Department to enter the country because she was previously blocked from entering
– 8 days later, Veselnitskaya appeared at a Congressional hearing, in the front row, sitting next to America’s ambassador to Russia – a seat reserved for VIPs.
– Veselnitskaya is directly tied to Fusion GPS – she hired the firm, which was named as the leader of a pro-Russia effort to repeal the Magnitsky Act, to assist her in helping convince Congress to repeal the Magnitsky Act
– Fusion GPS is the firm who compiled the “Russian dossier” on then-candidate Trump – the same dossier John McCain turned over to James Comey and was used to open an investigation into Trump
– The DNC hired Fusion GPS to do opposition research on Trump
– Fusion GPS hired former British spy Christopher Steele to compile the “Russian dossier”
– 11 days after Veselnitskaya met with Trump, Jr., Fusion GPS was given the “Russian dossier” from Steele
– In the dossier, the meeting between Veselnitskaya and Trump, Jr. was vaguely described, with the dossier explaining Trump “and his inner circle have accepted a regular flow of intelligence from the Kremlin, including on his Democratic and other political rivals,” and that “Russian authorities had been cultivating and supporting…Trump for at least five years” – comments that align with the emails originally sent to Trump, Jr. by Goldstone
– At the end of the day, Trump, Jr. received absolutely no information about Hillary Clinton from his meeting with Veselnitskaya, as the information promised was merely a ruse to get her face time
Okay, those are the indisputable facts as we know them right now. Time for the conspiracy side of it.
I think the meeting was a setup by the DNC, Fusion, and Steele to get someone from the Trump campaign in a face to face meeting with someone they believed to be from the Russian government.
Being trusted by the younger Trump, Goldstone – also a British citizen along with Steele – was employed to set up the meeting and use specific language in his emails that could later be used to incriminate those involved, which is why he was so insistent on identifying Veselnitskaya as the “Russian government attorney” and in his first email made sure to state that the Russian government supported President Trump’s campaign – two points that truly had no reason to be in the emails, given the context of what they were discussing.
Trump, Jr., being fully supportive of his father, took the bait and arranged the meeting, only to learn that Veselnitskaya only wanted to discuss child adoptions – a project she and Fusion had been working closely together on. Meanwhile, Obama’s State Department cleared the way for Veselnitskaya to enter the country for the meeting with Trump, Jr., and either as a reward or as a part of her job, she was allowed to sit in the Congressional hearing that was discussing Russian, American, and Ukrainian relationships, which is why we saw her sitting directly next to the American ambassador.
Meanwhile, the FBI, CIA, and NSA were busy using the FISA court to monitor the communications of those on the Trump team in hopes of finding something incriminating. However, since they couldn’t find anything, they ultimately went with plan b, and here we are today with Trump, Jr. under the microscope for a meeting that had absolutely no effect on anything and really only seems to have been set up for one reason – to get people from the Trump team in the same room as a “Russian government agent” and further the narrative that President Trump is in bed with the Russians.
I know I’m not the only one thinking this. I mean, why is it that everything to do with President Trump and Russia ultimately circles back to someone involved with the DNC?
Where there’s smoke, there’s fire, right?